IGNORED

1980 280ZX wheel color on Silver 1977 280Z.. suggestions?

BuDavid

zbane, that's right, and also in the OEM point of view keeping the original color, I'll go for mat-black..

Stephen, thank you for the part number, but my caps in a very good condition exept for the black background..

thank you people.

Have you ever seen the ones I polished? Lots of work involved but they came out nice. They were more or less an experiment. I had them on my cars, first the 810 then the Z but eventually sold them to PrOxLaMuS. I don't think he'll mind if I use his recent picture.

post-3797-14150798180151_thumb.jpg

Stephen, I'm not tryin to be offensive here, but regarding the picture attached, as far as I see the wheels are completely polished, in theis case you might get dirt in the corners of the contour, and it is a bigger job to maintain the tatally polished wheels:dead:

maybe my wheels wont look that good at the end, sice allready I'm being cursed here because people here reall y hate those wheels and they even dont bother about selling them coz no body will buy them:stupid:

but my point of view with those wheels is that a classic car should have an "old taste" design, like the chrome+bare metal. I'm convinced of it right now, but the feedback of all of you made a real change for sure, I wouldn't end up that good without the advice and opinions from all of you.

thanx.

They are a bigger job to maintain plus I didn't like the way they looked on either of my cars but I think they look great on his because of the color of his car. In fact, the way yours were done would look good on my car and are similar in finish to what I did with the 280Z wheels in my avitar.