IGNORED

1969 Toyota Corona Mark II Coupe

theianmonster

I had a 4-door sedan. It was my Grandmother's car. She bought it brand new in 69 and I got it the early 90s. Parts were relatively easy to get back then, and if the Toyota dealer didn't have it, they could get it from Japan within a week. The car has one known problem: Sticky valves. The solution, according to my mechanic cousin, was to dump kerosene or #2 diesel into the oil, idle it for 15-20 minutes, then do an oil change. The 4-drum brake system leave little to be desired, in my opinion.

We had one as kids and it use to scare us to death in the snow. The slush would freeze the clutch and brake linkage. So, you would start to stop only to find yourself with no control. Can't shift and the brakes did not work. Our fix don't drive it in the snow. Was a good little car otherwise. Put a lot of miles on it as we lived 40 miles from town and drove in everyday.

My older brother had a brand new Corona back in 69, that is until a semi pulled out in front of him and he smacked the rear tire behind the cab.

Semi had chipped paint on the wheel and some scuffs on the tire.

Toyota: Totaled! (@ 30 mph one block from home)