More with the flat tops - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

More with the flat tops

Featured Replies

I finally got the Z running without stalling!!!:D:smoke: Now comes the bad news... The back carb is leaking out of some tube pointed towards the air cleaner. WTF could cause this?

it's not the tube that links front carb to rear is it?

I don't know much about flat-tops, but I'm wondering if the float level is too high, or the float is stuck, sending fuel out of the float bowl vent hose? (Do flat-tops even have float bowl vents?)

Check the window on the side to see if the fuel level is correct. There is a line on the window showing correct height. If it's over then your most likely overflowing. They do breathe a bit, but it seems yours is breathing to much!

  • Author

That's what I was thinking so I'm gonna take off the back one again and see

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.