72 wiring harness in a 71 - Page 2 - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

72 wiring harness in a 71

Featured Replies

I just installed a 1/71 harness in my car which has a build date of 9/70 and had no problems at all. The only differences were a different type connector for the rear de-fogger and an extra hot connection near the the fuse box that I taped off and two new wires at the light/wiper switch.
Update - By the time you get to a 4/71 build date, the fusebox changes from long to short pigtail. The tail-light wiring is also slightly different by that point.

I still recommend one of two courses on this topic - either find the correct harness(es) for your car's build date, or change it all. I still have some reservations about the wiring on my car, and will save the entire wiring system out of the 4/71 parts car I recently got, to install later if it seems appropriate. (Probably when I strip it for rust and paint.)

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.