Flasher unit needed - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Flasher unit needed

Featured Replies

Hello everybody...my flasher unit on my 260z is bad. I am assuming AutoZone or somebody like that will carry this?? Can anyone confirm? Thanks

Just the standard with two spade connections is all you need

  • 4 months later...

This may be highly relevant to your question or may just not matter. Here it is I own several Z cars 74/260 76/280 77/280 2+2 and am a Old man Datsun collector. To the point ....I once had a right front signal bulb go out. No big deal, stopped into the nearest parts store and popped one back in. The signal worked again all was well. Breifly... then strange things started occurring I went for local Z car expert who ask me ...You haven't by any chance changed a bad signal (right front ) lately? I said yes how could you have known that? He said if you will notice the wattage on the bulb is different than the original OEM and while the light will work it is tied in to the ECU unit and causes problems that the engineeers don't generally think about when designing the schematic layout. In short after putting in the OEM signal replacement bulb with the proper wattage...Perfect again... all was well with the strange acting motor problems. What a strange thing I said. But one I will never forget. OEM is usually my preference since that rather strange experience. It appears all the circuit designed has been carefully added to accurate resistances and design characteristics. Kinda weird but since that occurance I have heard of other vehicle manufactures doing the same thing. Hope someone benefits from this . Happy Z Remeber problem fixed new one occurred. Blew my mind that two things so distant could be relevant.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

The post is almost a year and a half old. I would imagine he's solved the problem by now! And there is no correlation between the ECU and turn signals on an S30 especially on a 260Z which doesn't even have an ECU.

The post is almost a year and a half old.

Is it 2007 already?

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.