IGNORED

VG30DETT swap

red7mgte

Hey guys. I'm new to the forum. just had a question...has anyone here ever done a VG30DETT(300zx twin turbo) motor swap into their cars? I was just wondering if its possible; and if anyone's ever done em, how much did everything cost including labor.???.I know i could do search but i figured i ask first before i begin.

The VG30DETT is just so damned wide that it's a tough swap into an S30 but I have seen it done. Troy of Too Intense Restorations set one up a couple years ago. I don't know if he still owns it or what it cost to build.

post-3797-14150797451384_thumb.jpg

post-3797-14150797451707_thumb.jpg

Wow, that sure is shoe horned in there!

My wife has an Infiniti J30 with a VG30DE (no turbos:disappoin ). I measured the engine in her car and compared it to my Z engine bay. Even w/o the turbos that engine would not fit without modification. IIRC, besides the top of the motor being too wide the oil pan sump is in the wrong place and the bell housing area is too high and large to fit in the trans tunnel. Not that I really contemplated doing this. I was more just for curiousity sake.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I have put a vg30DET into a 260z - just look for some pics in the pic section. lots of other stuff done to it but a real street sleeper. It went sooooo hard, the toughest thing was the ignition pick up for the after market computer. Ask any questions and i will see if i can get any info for you.