IGNORED

New Users Forums

Richard Schulze

Dear Mike:

I didn't know these forums were here! There has not been much written about it, and from looking at the main page, not many others have used it. I do have some question though. If I post to the forum, will it post to the list? Can I post to both automaticaly? Is there a spell check here (my spelling really sucks)? From this page, how do we know what the current topics are?

If we mispell a topic will it become a new topic? Is this stuff case sensitive? Does "submit a new topic" post to the subject?

Obviously, I will find out some of this stuff after I make a post, but I just want to keep things clean and orderly. I have not used a system like this before. What is an "ICQ" number? I don't think my password is obsure enough, could we add some more wierd stuff to it. It won't make any difference, because I won't remember it anyway (I did write it down, now all I have to do is remember where I wrote it)!

Richard Schulze

Richard,

These forums are still pretty new. They were put online around February 1, 2000.

In our list, you will see a link at the bottom of every message to these forums. And, I plan to change the main web site to our new format. If you want to see our new format just visit http://scarab.240z.org

Sorry, there is no spell checker (yet at least). To check topics, just click on the 240z-Logo and it will bring you back to the main Bulletin Board Forum page. From there, you can select the topics of discussion. If you aren't happy with the forums selections, send me your ideas and I will consider adding more.

An ICQ number is part of a global-chat service. It's mainly a way of keeping a program running on your computer that will allow you to chat with people on demand. Visit their site at: http://www.icq.com

I think you can change your own password. If not, let me know (don't post any passwords to this forum) and I will delete your account. After I delete it, you can re-create your account with a new password. I can't change passwords.

As far as messages.... The Email list is completely separate from this Bulletin Board. So, if you want to stay in touch with the Email list... you'll still have to remain on our Majordomo mailing list.

Maybe someday these forums will replace the Email list, but I doubt it. I'm sure there are people who will like to see both.

[m]

One more thing....

I like these forums a lot better than the Email list because the information is permanent.

One question answered by many can help out a lot of other people down the road.

In other words, most messages about suspension upgrades will only need to be answered once. Future "upgraders" will only need to look in the forum and review a similar thread from someone else.

[m]

Two more benefits, in my view:

1. A forum format is much more 'readable' than the mailing list. Also, it's annoying to see all those inbox messages from majordomo on Monday morning.

2. Archives = less repetition of the same ol' questions (exhaust, hp, fumes, etc.).