looking for bumpers - Body & Paint - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

looking for bumpers

Featured Replies

I really need a good front bumper for my Z but I cannot find any place half-way affordable. Also, when I looked in some magazines, they don't even list a '73 front bumper only '71-'72. If anyone could fill me in that would be great.

Where are you located? I've got a NOS 73 bumper but it'll cost you the same as what the dealer would want. (Brand new ain't cheap)

The '71-'72 240Z bumpers look better than the '73 which sticks out farther. If you don't care about absolute stock originality I'd go with one of the earlier bumpers, but you'll probably have to find the mounts as they are different if I remember correctly.

Moonpup - is that a front or rear NOS '73 bumper?

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

I am replacing the bumpers on my '71 with fiberglass, so I'll have a complete front bumper (great shape) and a complete (bent downward and inch or so on right side) rear bumper avaialable. Let me know . . .

Originally Posted by DougN

Moonpup - is that a front or rear NOS '73 bumper?

It's the front.

dang. need a rear :disappoin if you find one, please keep me in mind!

Originally Posted by DougN

dang. need a rear if you find one, please keep me in mind!

I know the front bumper was different on the 73's but if the back was the same as the earlier ones, then here you go.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Datsun-240Z-NOS-OEM-Rear-Bumper-Face-Bar-Ends_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ40017QQitemZ8051653425QQrdZ1

  • Author
I am replacing the bumpers on my '71 with fiberglass, so I'll have a complete front bumper (great shape) and a complete (bent downward and inch or so on right side) rear bumper avaialable. Let me know . . .

How much do you want for just the front( if you're willing to sell them seperate) because that would be just perfect for what I need.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.