1971 240z Auto -> Manual Conversion - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

1971 240z Auto -> Manual Conversion

Featured Replies

Hey guys, I'm looking for some info on this, or some experience. All I have been able to come up with on the forums is a 240k conversion. Any idea how similar this would be? I have a 71 240 lookin to put, I believe, a 78 5 speed and diff. in.

If anyone has done a swap like this and has any input that would be great. Thanks!

The 240K will be very very similar - but not the same. They have the L24 engine like a 240Z and a similar transmission. Pedal boxes etc. should be similar too I'd imagine. But yeah like Arne said, there are a few posts here and there about the conversion specifically for 240Z:)

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

Sorry about that guys. I guess I wasnt using the right terms in the search box. I came across tons of stuff by accident, including your guide Arne. Thanks guys!

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.