IGNORED

280Z 2+2 floor pans NEEDED

Jeff Bolin

Jeff,

I drove up to the Wrecking yard on my lunch break and took a quick look at the 2+2. Her production date is 9/75. I tried to get a look underneath but with the flat tires I couldn't get a good look. I pulled the carpet back on the passenger side and it looked decent. A little surface rust as you can see in the pictures. Hard to tell the exact condition without removing the tar paper. I spoke to them about the floor pans and they said they would cut out the entire floor, both sides and the trans tunnel as one piece. I told them that we would only want the two separate floors but he insisted that removing it as one piece would be easier (engine, tranny, driveshaft, e-brake?). I wasn't going to argue. I asked him for a ballpark figure on how much and he said you could have it for a couple of hundred bucks. As you can see from the pictures she used to have a sunroof, the windows have also been open for who knows how long. But when I pulled back the carpet it was all dry. You know how dry it is down here in the SE.

Anyway if you want to talk to them and get a better price or whatever:

Johnny @ Roswell Wrecking Company 5700 N. Main Roswell NM 88202 1800624-0656, (505)622-2831.

post-1052-14150797005453_thumb.jpg

post-1052-14150797005959_thumb.jpg

post-1052-14150797006628_thumb.jpg

post-1052-14150797007131_thumb.jpg

post-1052-14150797007458_thumb.jpg

Jeff,

I drove up to the Wrecking yard on my lunch break and took a quick look at the 2+2. Her production date is 9/75. I tried to get a look underneath but with the flat tires I couldn't get a good look. I pulled the carpet back on the passenger side and it looked decent. A little surface rust as you can see in the pictures. Hard to tell the exact condition without removing the tar paper. I spoke to them about the floor pans and they said they would cut out the entire floor, both sides and the trans tunnel as one piece. I told them that we would only want the two separate floors but he insisted that removing it as one piece would be easier (engine, tranny, driveshaft, e-brake?). I wasn't going to argue. I asked him for a ballpark figure on how much and he said you could have it for a couple of hundred bucks. As you can see from the pictures she used to have a sunroof, the windows have also been open for who knows how long. But when I pulled back the carpet it was all dry. You know how dry it is down here in the SE.

Anyway if you want to talk to them and get a better price or whatever:

Johnny @ Roswell Wrecking Company 5700 N. Main Roswell NM 88202 1800624-0656, (505)622-2831.

thanks that sounds great I will try to give them a call tomorrow and see what I can work out with them thanks a bunch I owe you one

thanks that sounds great I will try to give them a call tomorrow and see what I can work out with them thanks a bunch I owe you one

If you get a chance to go back there take a screw driver and poke at the pans that is how I found the rust throughs

I will call the place today and see what he thinks of the rust spots also

but if you get a chance it would be better then having him tell me there isnt any rust throughs only to find there are as for the cut he wants to do that is not a problem I can bring a trailer down it isnt that far of a drive. a good weekend trip for the wife and I

I certainly could spring for dinner for all your help thanks again

Jeff,

No problem going back. It would have to be this weekend since I don't think I can make it during my lunch break again. It's about a 30 minute drive. When you talk to them ask if they can put the car up on something so that I can poke underneath with a screwdriver. Or maybe he wouldn't mind checking for rust.

Ed

Man I just got off the phone with the guys down there and they are telling me that I need to come down there and see them and then they will cut them out. but he also said that he wasnt that interested in selling them he told me that it was a lot of work for not that much money

my days off are friday and sat he said that those were his busiest days and that saturday he is closed

can you email me at seanemesis@msn.com and maybe we can make other arrangements?

I dont know if I can change my days off I had to fight like hell to get what I have now. email me

Ed I just got off the phone with the guy there ,he told me that I needed to come there and see for my self then he would cut out the floors. he also told me to be honest he wasn't that interseted in selling them . He said it was a lot of work for not much money.. sheeeez a couple hundered bucks inst worth it ? what the hell does he think he has there gold

I'll figure something out

He is trying to set you up for asking for mo money...

He has only two options with the shell, sell it for weight, or sell it for parts. He makes a whole lot more money selling it for parts. Assuming he has a torch on premesis, it will take someone an hour or so to get the equipment where it needs to be, flip the car and cut out the floor, add half an hour or so to trim it to your specifications and load it. He would never get close to $30 for the weight of the entire stripped shell, and by selling them to you for $250 stands to make atleast $100 an hour for his paid labor to cut them out and sell them to you.

My car is an hour and a half away, and it would take me a little longer than it would take him to cut out the piece(s) you want, then comes adding shipping.

I will sell the floor(s), package them, and get them to a shipper for $200, but then you have to pay shipping-and wait for my time frame to allow another visit to the farm.

I would expect Grayhound to be the cheepest shipping-which means you would pick up the piece(s) at the closest Grayhound station.

If his floors are in good shape, and you can get them for $250, you would be better off to buy his.

With this in mind, before you make plans for mine, let me get some pictures of the floors to you, and see if they are in as good of shape as when I put the car up...

WIll

He is trying to set you up for asking for mo money...

He has only two options with the shell, sell it for weight, or sell it for parts. He makes a whole lot more money selling it for parts. Assuming he has a torch on premesis, it will take someone an hour or so to get the equipment where it needs to be, flip the car and cut out the floor, add half an hour or so to trim it to your specifications and load it. He would never get close to $30 for the weight of the entire stripped shell, and by selling them to you for $250 stands to make atleast $100 an hour for his paid labor to cut them out and sell them to you.

My car is an hour and a half away, and it would take me a little longer than it would take him to cut out the piece(s) you want, then comes adding shipping.

I will sell the floor(s), package them, and get them to a shipper for $200, but then you have to pay shipping-and wait for my time frame to allow another visit to the farm.

I would expect Grayhound to be the cheepest shipping-which means you would pick up the piece(s) at the closest Grayhound station.

If his floors are in good shape, and you can get them for $250, you would be better off to buy his.

With this in mind, before you make plans for mine, let me get some pictures of the floors to you, and see if they are in as good of shape as when I put the car up...

WIll

\

that sounds good I would almost rather pay the extra to you then deal with an idiot like that guy at the junk yard to me he is a moron

I just got back from running up there, looks like I was exactly backwards, the DS is in great shape, and the PS in in useable shape, but will need a couple of patches. I poked with an icepick and only found the one perforation pictured(close to a plug hole), but I suspect that there may be another one under the deadener material.

Pictures are too large-I will edit them down and post them tonight.

I didn't have time to grab some tools and knock the stuff back to expose the floor, I was helping someone else move a car close by, and he was driving...unedxpected visit that just sort of worked out.

Will