IGNORED

Spark Plug Gap Help

venom42

I recently rebuilt my engine. I went with the stock N42 Head and block. .020" overbore with the flat top pistons for the 10:1 compression. I also went with a fairly agressive Schneider cam, springs, etc. I gapped the plugs to the stock gap for the 1975 model, but with all the changes would that be correct? What would the ideal gap be for this setup?

Are you running the stock distributor? If you haven't made any changes to the ignition system gapping the plugs to the stock specs is probably a good starting point.

How many miles do you have on the rebuilt engine? Is it running good and is it in good tune? What do the plugs look like?

It has about 4500 miles on it now. Everything is running great. Just switched it over to Mobil 1 a couple days ago. I have not pulled the plugs to check them recently, but everything seems to be in good working order. Ignition is still stock for now, but I was considering going to an upgraded box like the one that Motorsport sells. I am very pleased with the results of the build. I also switched to a later model ('81) 5-speed at the same time. It has good power, mileage, and top end. I imagine if I had kept the stock 4-speed it would be really fast off the line, but it does pretty well as is.