IGNORED

Fuel injector Prob. 77 280z

jagnew3

I knew that was the car, I came so close to buying it or the caddy that was sitting on the east side of the bldg. There was an old wrecher inside that was pretty cool too. It was a treasure trove. Sorry, I didn't post sooner, I have been very ill, and am still just getting back on track. Tuesday I drove the Z to work..Ahhh success! If I have enough energy tomarrow I'll make a pass down elm swamp :)

• 2 months later...

and came upon this thread. So far, a lot has been helpful, though I haven't had time to do any of it.

I have a question about this quote though.

First thing I would do is lose those Bosch Platinum spark plugs and get some NGK B6ES-11 plugs. That is after you get rid of the old gas, StaBil, etc.

What is wrong with the Bosch plugs? I've used them in other vehicles without issue and have them in my zx now. Are the others better for a z or are the Bosch plugs bad for the z?

Well, I've owned many Datsuns over the years. For some reason, Bosch Platinum plugs perform okay in the carbed, non electronic ignition cars I've owned, but not in the EFI cars. I've done tests, mpg, CO, etc. and the NGK plugs just perform better. I you do a search on this you'll find that this is the general consesus though others might list other reasons.