IGNORED

so i was asked...

clutchdust

if i actually own a Z. when i first joined this forum, i was working on my g/f z car. since then, that car got sold. i bought one and then she got another one. yes, it's a long, convoluted story. but after much mystery, i thought i'd share with you mine:

http://www.photohost.org/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/20083/size/big/sort/1/cat/500

mine is the one on the trailer, and currently is in about the same shape as you can imagine. the grey one is hers which is the one i'm working on now. almost road worthy. yeehaw!

are you peaking at my other pics? ;)

actually, i have had no rubbing problems with these wheels but i haven't really thrown the car around either. i did have some very slight rubbing with my c4 wheels on, but that was really pitching the car around a bit.

i have so many damn corvette wheels laying around, i'm trying to figure out if i can mount a set on my Z! (not to worry, doubt that's actually going to happen)

nice z. i also recently added another z to my collection. I got a 75 280z and still got the 240z. RIght when i got the 240z i tore into into and never drove it. When i got the 280z thou i use it on weekends and its a blast to drive. Got to say that rattly exhaust, rusted out floorpans and not so acurate guages make it seem like ur going really fast! either way i still love em both.

Gary, your Z sure looks good in that photo, post some more pics! It's cool that you and your girlfriend both have a Z car. My wife drives a '95 Altima. She tolerates my car obsession just fine;) She wants to be Mustang Sally, I'm on the lookout for an early Mustang convertible. When I find one, she wants me to paint it fuscia...

Sorry for the diversion, but did you need spacers to fit those wheels? Something like that would look great on my vette.

speedy, yes, i have to use 3" wheel adaptors from VB&P. i've been running them now for 6 or 7 years, even about 50+ track events and never had a failure. are you a member of corvetteforum?

ken, i'll see if i can dig up any more photos but i think that may be the only one i have. the car appears to be pretty straight and relatively rust free. there is one known cancerous spot on the right front fender. other than that, the car is whole. i have the carbs off and was in the middle of rebuilding them but as i eluded to in a previous thread, they may just go away along with the factory engine. after the last two Z's i've tried to bring back from the dead, i'm betting it will be easier to just pull a dead motor/tranny out and pop in one i know runs.