IGNORED

hand glaze/wax

Mat M

Someone recently posted a link to a car-care website that I took to heart. My car had a bad case of oxidation after being banished to the PO's side yard since 1992. I decided to purchase the 3M Imperial Hand Glaze and 3M Perfect-it Show Car Liquid Wax.

The first pic is right after the hand glaze was buffed out, with the hood down. The second photo is of the hood down, from a slightly different angle, after the wax.

The third is with the hood up, after the glaze, and last pic is hood up after the wax.

I think this is money well spent, shining up a single stage (no clear coat) finish that is older than I am!!

I can't wait to drive her to work this coming week! It's supposed to be sunny all week!!!

post-6791-14150796747035_thumb.jpg

post-6791-1415079674745_thumb.jpg

post-6791-14150796747739_thumb.jpg

post-6791-14150796747983_thumb.jpg

O.K, so I'm probably preaching to the already converted and trying to teach lizards how to suck eggs but;

The bloke who did the paint job on my car explained to me that, even on a good surface, "Polish" should never be used as every application removes paint.

He explained that, when looked at under a microscope, paint is not smooth but dimpled. Each aplication of "Polish" removes paint from the top of each dimple, whereas a good wax fills in the "valleys", giving the paint a smoother, longer lasting finish.

For what it's worth,

Rick.

:devious: :devious:

I read the same thing that Rick stated on the website, I think it was http://www.carcareonline.com/viewarticle.aspx?art=5

I thought about using polish after the glaze, before the wax, but the guy at the autobody finish place where I bought the stuff told me that the glaze is just a bit more abrasive than the polish, and would strip the grime, wax, bird stuff, whatever, easier than the polish would. And then the wax would fill in the low spots.

Polish does do that, its why you dont do it all the time, just to help, I use it once a year, then a good carnuba wax and finish with this new cream I found at a Dupont store for finishing, this stuff, though it looks like something you would buy at a flea marker really makes the car shine!