Compressor - Body & Paint - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Compressor

Featured Replies

Last year when I painted the car I kept having to wait for the compressor to catch up leaving me with uneven pressure . Is there a way to connect 2 compressors together so the storage capacity is increased, and would this solve the problem. Someone else had mentioned it to me after I finished last summer but now I am definetly going to repaint . I have my sears 27 gal and can borrow a 5 gal or my brother in laws 27gal. How much capacity do you really need anyway?

More tank! I suspect that your compressor head is too small to adequately support any heavy tasks such as spray painting. You'll end up burning up the compressor head. If this is a an exception and not the rule of usage then you might get by with increasing the tank size. You could just add another tank to increase the volume. The problem here is the compressor must run much longer to meet the total tank capacity and burning up the head becomes a possiblility once again.

  • Author

Painting is the exception in this case . What is the best way to connect them? Thanks

Just connect them together with NPT pipe and a disconnect coupling (often used for natural gas lines at the furnace). You can tee them or stack them however it suits you then get the pipe and coupling needed to finish the job. It's just like plumbing water pipes.

  • Author

Thanks ,That should keep the pressure up.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.