What is this plastic part? (Acc. pedal related) - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

What is this plastic part? (Acc. pedal related)

Featured Replies

Hi guys,

Started peicing my car back together and found this bracket in a bag I tagged (during disassembly) "Accelerator Pedal" which indeed did include all the other bolts and U brackets for the accelerator pedal.

I have no recolection of where I pulled this part from or what it does, I checked out a friends earlier car and cant find it. Mine is a '77.

Thinking about it now, this may only be applicable to RHD countries :(

Thanks

James

post-3894-14150796532862_thumb.jpg

It holds the wiring loom back to the firewall, somewhere above the acc pedal linkages I think.

Like the dynamat where do you get it from?

  • Author

Ah, that was one of my ideas on what it might be.

Any idea which bolt hole it uses or does it share one?

I got the dynamat 2nd hand (unused obviously) from the boards at caraudioaustralia.com, not cheap, but neither is the rest of the car.

Thanks.

G'Day there James,

Now, my Zed's a 74 model so could be different but, looking at mine just now, above the go pedal is a bracket bolted to the firewall, as in your pic.

However, on mine, the rod that comes up from the rear of the pedal joins a horizontal rod, forming a "T". To the right of the "T" is the spring, then the bracket, with a nylon ? insert for the end of the rod to pivot in. The doo dah, gadjet, thingamabob in your pic, is attatched to the bracket by the top bolt.

In your pic, you are holding it upside down. It appears to protect the speedo cable.

Hope this is of some help.

Rick.

  • Author

Thanks Rick & Steve,

So in the pic the bracket shares the top right bolt?

I will test fit it up and see how it goes, not a big deal but I have so many little bits and peices its turning into a bit of a headache.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

Ok, I whacked it in as suggested.

Looks ok, but until I have my wiring or speedo cable or whatever the bracket routes, I guess there is no way of knowing

post-3894-14150796546793_thumb.jpg

Yair James,

Looks O.K. to me, although, on my '74 260, it's a little further to the right.

Guess you have to go where the bolt holes are.

Rick.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.