anyone anyone know the thread size - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

anyone anyone know the thread size

Featured Replies

need thread size for the oil pan plug...is it NPT?? Metric??

  • Author

35 views?....nobody knows?

I might do a little research for you if no one answers. Heck, I'll do it anyway, I'd like to know the answer. I have an old drain plug and I work at a hardware store that has a thread size check board. I won't be back there until Tuesday however, four day weekend you know.

Was digging around last night, but could not find the specs. Probably the same luck the other 34 are having (plus yourself).

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

I think i found it... I think it's a 16.4mX1.33 ... sounds like an oddball size... i was hoping it was a 16M X 1.5, (there's an adapter for that size)... oh, well.. I have an extra plug... might just try tapping a 1/8 npt thread in that... I just don't want to mess with the oil pan if I don't have to... (putting in a oil temp sending unit in)

That sounds right. I just took my pan off to replace the gasket. My thread gauge didn't match with either 1.5 or 1.25 pitch, both were close but not quite. and it was bigger than 16 mm, but smaller than 17 mm. So I think you've got it figured out.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.