IGNORED

Z Restoration Web Page

Palmer

From what I've read and have been told..If the paint color is changed from the original it does nothing to the actual value of the car unless everything on the car is mint/original, then repaint it the same color. I'm still not sure which way I want to go with the color. I've got a good year to decide. Silver (a darker one like the new 350Z color) has always been one of my favorites. I've got nothing against Black Pearl. I'm just a little worried about some of the welds showing up with the darker color even though you can't see any of the seams in the primer coat.

So if it were mine, my question would be, "Are BPE's really worth all that much more than the run of the mill '78 280Z?" If keeping it stock is worth a lot, maybe I'd do it. But if the value is only a little more than other 280's, maybe I'd sacrifice that premium so that I could build the car the way I want.

In other words, originality is fine, if that's what you want. But if you want something else...

Thanks Kenny. My next 'step' is to get underneath it and start on the suspension. The engine and tranny may come out some time next month. I'll post an update here since it may be several weeks before anything is changed on the site.