IGNORED

Tokyo Classic Motor Show

sakijo

Went to the Tokyo Classic Motor Show yesterday. Lots of 60s and 70s cars. Lots of parts, brochures, toys (models, die cast, etc) and clothing too. It was really great. Nissan cars were the majority, but there were Toyotas, Mazdas, Hinos, Hondas, Alfas, BMWs, Mercedes, and even an Excalibur. Here's a couple of photos for you 240K owners.

post-7932-14150796436733_thumb.jpg

post-7932-14150796437148_thumb.jpg

post-7932-14150796437515_thumb.jpg

post-7932-14150796437869_thumb.jpg

Intriguing, looks like a fantstic show!

I have two questions though: Firstly, what is an Excalibur??? Any secondly, did JDM c110's come with the option of twin SU's? I notice that the owner of the stock-ish deep blue c110 in question has added a rear fender 'Skyline' badge to the grille, so there could be other 'period' touches, including the carbs, to the car. What strikes me, however, is that the carbs are flat tops, and a factory air cleaner is in use - perhaps a set up from the jdm equivalent of the 260z (which came with flat-tops). But, if the owner was truly after improved performace, they would most likely have gone for hitachi round tops off an early s30, or something similar. What do you think, Miles?

Tom

I got a lot more pictures. 55 to be exact. I'll post them later in the gallery. An Excalibur is a custom car that looks like a 30s Mercedes with Chevy drivetrain (I think). Do a Google search. they're quite popular in the US. As for the Blue C110, it's a GTX, which came with twin SUs from the factory. I have noticed that there are apparently 2 types of flat tops, The notoriously bad ones that went into the US had square-mouths, whereas the JDM ones had round mouths. Yahoo Japan has the flat tops up for auction sometimes and they have round mouths. This blue C110 looks like an original or restoration to original, so I don't think improved performance is a goal. But then again, JDM flat tops could be as good as the round tops.