tire size/gear ratio/trans/rpm/mph spreadsheet - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

tire size/gear ratio/trans/rpm/mph spreadsheet

Featured Replies

There are probably a bunch of these out there already but I worked this one out to answer some of my own questions.

Should be easy enough to modify if you are using different transmission ratios or want to try a different rear end ratio, just plug in the numbers.

Enter in the revs per mile for the tire you are using and the rest is figured. I got the revs info from the data provided at tirerack.com for the tires I am interested in using. The trans ratios I got from zgarage.com.

I may have screwed up big time with the caculations but the numbers look right, if you find I made a mistake let me know and I'll fix it :)

Edit:

OK, latest and greatest posted, added some shift point data. I really need to get to work on something important :)

Z gear ratios.xls

Looks pretty nice.

Nothing for poor automatics like myself. :cry:

  • Author

Any idea what the ratios are for an auto? Just plug in the ratios for 1,2,3rd gears on any of the lines and you should have your answers :)

Any idea what the ratios are for an auto? Just plug in the ratios for 1,2,3rd gears on any of the lines and you should have your answers :)

D'oh, you're totally right. That's what I get for acting before thinking.

I'll have to dig up the owners manual and plug in the numbers.

Edit:

Found an error in the first file, use the second one that is 25 KB in size. Don't know how to delete the first one....

go to the "edit post" page, click "manage attachments" when that window opens there should be a "remove" option next to each existing file attached. click the one you want to go away. SAVE CHANGES, Bam, done

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author
go to the "edit post" page, click "manage attachments" when that window opens there should be a "remove" option next to each existing file attached. click the one you want to go away. SAVE CHANGES, Bam, done

Thank you very much, a blind man could see the REMOVE button, I must be really blind :) Latest version posted...

Thanks again montoya_fan01 :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.