3.54 rearend? - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

3.54 rearend?

Featured Replies

I put an 81 5 speed in my 240 with 3.36 gears, needless to say my low end just isn't what it used to be. I drove the ZX with 3.90 gears and they were too low for my driving/liking. I've got a 3.54 rear and have been thinking of putting it in, but is it worth the trouble? Will it give me the zip of the old 4 speed first gear or will I have to go to a 3.70 or 3.90 and put up with the high rpm cruise?

  • Author

Never mind, I found a site with all of the ratios on it and made up a spread sheet, looks like 3.90 is the only way to get what I want... Think I should have kept that 4 speed...

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.