IGNORED

Fuse / combo switch problem

senkyoshi

This is on my 1973 240z.

About 2 months ago my dash and tail-lights went out on me and I replaced the fuse (which was fried) and it worked again. Well, I have been running fine with all lights working and then when I got into my Z to go home from work and turned on my lights my dash and tail lights were out again. I replaced the fuse and the lights still didnt work. Tonight when I got home I took off the cover of the steering column and looked at the switch. On top of the switch one of the wires is green and blue striped. I notices that the solder was almost completely gone and the wire was almost hanging by a thread (of solder). Could this be my problem? Is this the ground wire? Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Arne,

Thanks for the help. I was looking at my haynes manual wiring diagram and it was hard to read so I couldn't follow the wires. I looked at it again and noticed that around the green blue striped wire there is some burnt marks. Could this be a problem now or in the future? thanks again!

If the connection has been bad for a while, the wire could get hot. Without seeing the wire in person, I can't sat for sure. But if the wire itself looks good, and the solder connection is repaired, I'd say there is a very good chance that it will be OK.