73 240z running rich - Page 2 - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

73 240z running rich

Featured Replies

  • Author

I would really like to understand the issue w/ the flattops before I do the conversion. I am going to try a few things first. Like is the rear carb even getting any gas? Secondly, is there something wrong w/ the front carb regarding excessive gas(stuck float, etc)? I think float investigation requires carb removal, correct? I have read something out of the Haynes manual that talks about a float window that can be observed while on the car. Anyone know anything about this?

Kenny, does the shop you refer to near Longmont have a website per chance?

Bill

I've never really looked a any flat-tops, but I think from your symptoms a stuck or leaking float is a high probability.

Hi Bill,

No, T&D auto doesn't have a website. When I first bought my Z, I had them do a bit of work to make it safe to drive. The fellow I purchased the car from left it sitting for 7 years before I came along and bought it. I also had them rebuild the engine this past spring.

  • Author

Thanks for the info and advice. I will keep you posted of my findings.

Bill

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.