IGNORED

parking brake now 'frozen'.

Zak's Z

Guys,

Hi again, and heres where im at. My '72 shell is stripped down to rolling shell, with the exception of fuel/brake lines, brake booster and a few misc. parts. Interior is out except E-brake. My shell has been at the garage for some time, waiting for 'the welder guy' to come back. I got zedd findings floors/supports/frame rails/rockers. Once they are in, im good to start the prep work..

Heres what happened...I sandblasted the bottom half to get the black stuff (por-15 or some other tough coating) out from where the welding needs to be done. I blasted inside the car, and after when i was done, the e-brake was stuck. The button is pushed in and it moves up and down, and wont lock into place. Obviously sand is the culprit. I cant figure out if the e-brake comes apart at all so I can fix it, cuz it needs to be moved around and towed to another garage..

Anybody out there know how to fix this?

Thanks guys. (please keep the abuse down to a minimum...i realize I should have removed it...my bad :rolleyes: )

Zak

How about you do the following:

Pull the "cotter pin" out of each "clevis pin" on Left/Right rear wheel where it hooks into the emergency brake on each rear wheel. After you get the brake handle SNAFU fixed, just release the tension on the emergency brake cable and put the pins and cotter keys back in or use a new cotter key for each one. Keep it simple.....

webdawg1

post-5649-14150796027784_thumb.jpg