IGNORED

240z conversion commodore VL turbo HELP!

_12ules_

hey i am from australia so let me start of by sayin G'day : i am thinking about getting a 240z and trying to put a commodore VL turbo in it , theres one problem , i dont know much about cars and i would like to know if its possible and hard work and mods need to be done to the car to get it on the road and any info and sites so yeah i need some help someone

thanks

hey i am from australia so let me start of by sayin G'day : i am thinking about getting a 240z and trying to put a commodore VL turbo in it , theres one problem , i dont know much about cars and i would like to know if its possible and hard work and mods need to be done to the car to get it on the road and any info and sites so yeah i need some help someone

thanks

money can't buy happiness but povity can't buy $^!#

You will need a new fuel system, bigger brakes, not to mention custom mounts, tailshaft and sump.

Its not a small job and far from a cheap one. If you want to learn then I would do a EFI L28 swap from a 280zx to a 260Z. While still mechanically challenging, at least things fit where they are suppose to. These motors can be turbocharged quite well also.

There was also a article in Street Machine in about 1999-2000. The guy had done exactly the same thing, he put a VL (non turbo) into a 240Z. Not only that, he put in the VL's drivetrain (diff, suspension and brakes). get in touch with the magazine they may be able to get you a back order.

It's a hell of a lot of work, I would recommend starting with something simpler to build your knowledge.

If you are fixed on the idea, the VL did have an RB series engine, so yeah, check out that section on the site.

hi local guy here in tassie put a rb30 turbo into a black 240z about 8 years ago seemed to be a pretty quick machine said it wasnt too hard had it engineered and done right sold it to someone in melbourne

only trouble now is trying to get a rb30 turbo for a reasonable price nearly as hard as getting a cheap rb26 turbo

i looked hard at doing a rb30 with rb25 head and turbo have to be the ultimate rb motor but decided to upgrade to later v8 instead work starts this weekend made all my mounts got pre approval from engineer looking good

mick