IGNORED

Spindle lock bolt

tanny

Of course I have snapped off the spindle pin lock bolt nut and have researched on these threads to see how to push the bolt out of the spindle. Having no luck with sledge and heat. Any suggestions on getting this bolt out? Thanks, Victor.

I've already tried the penetrating oil, heat, and pounding the locking bolt out with a punch, but the thing must have become one with the spindle pin. May have to take to a machine shop and have them give it a try. Hopefully they can maneuver the assmbly into a press and give it a shot. If they can get the bolt out, I might as well have them get the pin out also. Thanks, Victor.

Just a though! If the retaining pin is as frozen-in-place as mentioned, it's likely the spindle itself will be tough to get out as well....so, you might consider drilling out the pin. If you do, be careful not to F-up the casting. Once it's out of the way, you can tackle the fun job of removing the spindle. Purchase new spindles and retaining pins.