IGNORED

Installing Eibach Pro springs

tanny

I will be installing a set of Eibach Pro springs and was wondering if there are any adjustments or modifications I need to make to the suspension(such as bump steer spacers) to have the suspension function as normal without excessive tire wear, etc. Thanks, Victor.

I'm having the same springs installed...from what I've read, I don't think the drop will be enough to require bump steer spacers, someone else here can confirm, but we will have to have an alignment after the install...what size wheels/rims are you running? How old are your struts? Don't be surprised if you find issues with them or other components of the strut assembly (hopefully not)...I ended up having to replace my strut inserts, 1 was completely blown...hope it goes well for you...

:beard:

Thanks for the reply,

The strut cartridges are new and all tie rods, ball joints, ans bushings will be new. Definitely will need an alignment after I'm finished. From reading some of the threads, it seems like you said, that the 1" drop isn't large enough to cause a problem. I'm not a wild driver, so unless an emergency maneuver pops up, I would never be testing the limits on my suspension anyway. Too old to drive fast, might have a coronary from over-stimulation. Is the Z wasted on me? Probably, but maybe when I croak, my son or some other young buck can thrash it and test the limits. Meanwhile, I can cruise mellowly along, and get that pinched, superior look when a Boxter pulls up beside me at the light. Unless of course it's a nice looking woman at the helm. Then I'll give her that seemingly harmless, smiling old fart look. But I digress. The only reason I'm putting these springs in is because when I bought the Z, the old springs were shot, so I got a pair of brand new stock OEM front srings off Ebay, hoping at some point I would be able to find a new pair for the rear. Well, I looked high and low but never found new ones(unless I wanted to pay about $400 for a whole set). Consequently, my Z looks like a DC-3, a real tail dragger with those worn out rear springs. I wanted to maintain the stock height and ride, but I finally caved in and bought the Eibachs. I hope the ride isn't too stiff, my kidneys are in bad enough shape already. Good luck with your springs. Victor.