Cracks in door near window frame - Open Chit Chat - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Cracks in door near window frame

Featured Replies

Hello everybody

There are cracks in the drivers door of my Z near where the stainless window frame bolts on. By the look of them they have already been welded over once. I could weld them up again but by I think they would only reappear as there is no room to weld a plate over the top of them, and I don't think I could get behind them to weld plates over the inside.

What I'd really like to do is get a new door skin so I can cut the old one off (It's not quite straight anyway), weld plates over the cracks from inside, and then fit the new skin.

Are good door skins available anywhere?

Has anybody else had this problem with their doors?

Thanks in advance

Yes,It's a z thing.People close the doors by grabbing thetop and the pressure causes the crack. Daniel

I too have this crack, drill a hole at the end of the crack before welding to stop it spredding

also clean up the area around the crack before welding (right back to the metal)

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.