IGNORED

Hey, 240Z...

Zvoiture

What is the Hasegawa Power Services injection system all about? Of course, I can't read a damn thing on their web site...I am a FI fan and have often wondered about an 'unmetered' air flow and it's possibilities. I clicked on the link and said, "OMG! here it is!" What do you know about it? What regulates the injectors? Are there individual butterflies? They have a black box pictured...does it replace or add on to an existing CPU? I would think the existing brain would be worthless in this system. Is it RPM based? Is it vaccuum based? Oh, yeah.....and......(what does it cost?)

steve77

soon to start a 240 FI project

• 3 weeks later...

Just read your message.

I dont know too much about it. Came across it whilst surfing, I used babblefish to translate the site.

I did get a reply from them after emailing, mostly price of system info. unfortunately I must have deleted the message.

BTW_ I like your Valve cover. :)

"BTW_ I like your Valve cover"

It's not mine. It is 'Mad' Mike Taylor's. It is my motivation for my new engine project. Everyone said I was crazy to want to build a hot FI motor. I couldn't find anyone that thought it was a good idea. Then I go to the MSA show and BAM! here's Mad Mike's car. It is a bored-out, AFM-adjusted, Turbo TB, high pressure FI L28 that just happens to have a really cool valve cover. I took lots of notes.

Now you understand my fascination with this Japanese Co? They have not responded, BTW. I have not seen anything else like theirs anywhere in many thousands of hours of surfing. I think it is a great theory.

steve77

Steve,

If i remember rightly they replied in Japanese and I printed the message off with intentions to give to a friend who speaks japanese to read for me, never got round to it. I'll have a shuffle at home and see if I can locate the message I printed and get it translated.

I too whant to go the FI route and have been doing a bit of research, heres some excerpts from the reply my UK Z club organiser gave me, taken from the forum of www.zclub.net (you have to register to read the posts. worht doing though)

What I need:

1. Decent 6-branch exhaust manifold and larger bore system

2. Free breathing air induction system

3. Big throat throttle body

4. Improved resonse pressure regulator (FSE or similar)

5. Mild camshaft and head work - port, polish and increase compression ratio.

Points to consider:

However, the danger with the 280ZX running the standard injection ECU and injectors is that it will run out of fuelling capacity at higher rpm. Janspeed overcame this on the turbo by fitting extra injectors tricked in by pressure switches on the manifold. There are numerous (but expensive) options available now that replace the original control unit (and many of the unreliable 280ZX sensors like the air flow meter) with a new programmable ECU whch in most cases control the ignition curve as well. Just getting rid of the air flow meter would provide a greatly improved and unrestricted passage of air into the engine. A programmable ECU would allow the use of bigger injectors, more compression and a wilder cam. If you want really mad, junk the original manifold in favour of individual throttle bodies on a Weber style manifold

Definately food for thought

:D

__hr_IMGP0247.jpg?bchxfU9AMEezMp0m

All pretty basic stuff. The usual turbo AFM tweaked to work on N/A engine and the larger intake and TB. This is more or less the recipe I will be replicating, at least for now. The only differences will be flattops and a N42 head. I would like to get something North of 10:1. This recipe is attractive to me because it is a good primer for the modified FI method and all the parts are cheap and available and don't take a master's degree to play around with. I spent too much money on my '77, so this car is going to be severely budget!

The individual TB's and/or unmetered air flow is intrigueing...

steve77 (and a FI 71 very soon)