IGNORED

Power antenna electrics

TomoHawk

Wow! Three pages on antenna electrics! Who woul've guessed!

I am still a little unclear, though on my particular situation.

It looks like the P.O. replaced the original radio (12/70, 1971 240Z) when the F.M. stereo version became available and the antenna switch was relocated to the glovebox.

When I have a modern head unit installed and keep my original antenna (assuming it still works) I want to wire the MODERN antenna power wire (from the head unit) to the Power terminal on the OLD switch, and all three wires from the switch to the antenna and it should operate as it did originally? For example: Turn radio on (nothing happens to antenna) push switch to up (antenna goes up) push switch down (antenna goes down).

Am I understanding correctly?

I am going from memory here on the wires as The Z is still in storage.

Regards,

Astrohog

To anwer atrohog's question as it was posed: Yes, that would work since all you'd be doing is replacing the original power wire with the one from your stereo. Don't do your usual job of making simple things seem complicated, Tomo, please.