IGNORED

Age-Old Battle! 240Z vs. 280Z

Pennyman

You all know I was just stirring everyones brains like scrambled eggs on that 280 people are along for the ride...I mean c'mon...I owned one....just wanted to get flamed I guess is all. Bless all 280 owners, one and all.

All the 280z bumpers/shocks throw the earth's magnetism off a bit, don't ya think?

dogma, I know you were just 'signifying' as my uncle used call it. I made a half-hearted attempt to give it back to you in one of my earlier posts here. As for the bumpers, well I've been tapped a couple of times at a stop light and I was glad I had a 280 instead of a 240 at that point.

Bill, a clogged injector won't strand you. The car will run like shi* but it will still get you home.

as far as the big bumpers, you know, honestly, all things being equal they look pretty good...the 2 different choices are cool (74.5-76 and the 77-78)...

When you compare the big bumpers on other cars done during the same period, the 260/280's big bumpers looked pretty good, IMO (see 74/75 Camaro)...

Just giving ya 280 owners a bad time, cause I can....

now I'll be back after I adjust my SUs.....

It's interesting with regard to old S30 Z's, the older, the more coveted.

With something like the Jaguar E-type, the series one was absolutly NOT the most sought after.

The Jag didn't come out just as smog and safety regulations made cars crappier and crappier. Not too many mid 70's cars that are highly sought after. 1970 had quite a few great cars. The difference was in the government intervention in the car biz. Leave it to the govt to screw $^!# up.

No, a clogged injector won't leave you stuck. Also if it's clogged, then it's usually the fault of the person behind the wheel with lack of maintenance. For example, motor not getting run for a long period of time, running sh!tty old gas, never changing fuel filter on schedule, ect.

Electronic Fuel Injection is not as difficult as some people think it is. Once you learn it, understand it, and have the proper tools/equipment, it's really not bad at all :)