IGNORED

240z finally registered!

trs

hehe lmao, the black at the front of the spoiler looks nice also, u gonna do that sulio like you were thinking about?

i just saw the 2jz zed, i'd be interested to know how much the conversion ended up costing whoever was getting it done as it seems to be a winning combination :D

I did indeed end up cutting/rewelding the guards and got the front's rolled. I might need to do it again if I decide to run the car a bit lower, but we'll see how the car handles tomorrow at the current height.

No idea who owned the 2j-Z, but it looked like it had a fair bit of money in it. Custom rear end, weld in tower to tower cage, spare tyre well was cut out(fuel cell?), big turbo and programmable ECU on the engine. It's a bloody beast.

Made it back in one piece.

Car handled fantastically on track for what was basically an untested setup. I was expecting some degree of understeer and possible guard rubbing issues. Even on street tyres had brilliant grip (similar level to when i've used semi slicks on econoboxes).

Neutral to slight oversteering nature, very controllable. Very good turn in and good traction out of exits.

Thankfully didn't bin it into the sandpits otherwise would have torn off the front spoiler or exhaust.

Had a few problems with oil catchtanks, and radiator overflow bottles or the lack thereof. But after raiding the local soft drink bottle stand and the pirtek store we were good to go again.

The brakes are still not 100% confidence inspiring, but will get better once I get used to them. All in all, not a bad day!

IMG_9721.sized.jpg

IMG_0105.sized.jpg

IMG_0106.sized.jpg

IMG_0065.sized.jpg

• 4 months later...

have been to a few more track days since I last posted.

prev6.sized.jpg

The most recent one on labour day, was on a 30 degree day. Car ran without missing a beat 6 laps at a time [have since got a proper oil catch can and radiator overflow tank].

My gearbox did however decide to pack it in after 1 lap, I lost 2nd gear at high speed. It was never the tightest box, and an opportunity arose to purchase a rare Option4 rally comp box from SWR. Like a desperate crack addict I made the foolish decision to purchase it.

The box will be going into the car in 2 weeks time, once stewart wilkins finishes putting it back together. :P

will report back on the difference at the next track day in a few weeks time.

• 5 months later...