IGNORED

Higher lift cam

78 280zcar

That's a tiny cam. .460/260 is pretty small. My .490/280 is a medium cam IMO.

I don't know what kind of drugs they're smoking when they say that .450 cam is good for 12:1 compression, it seems like it should do fine with stock compression. It looks to me like the springs and retainers have to go together. With that amount of lift you should be able to run stock springs.

Well you know I dont really know which one I am going to get yet, I have plenty of time to think about it. Right now I am in the process of getting all my parts together for the 5 speed swap and when I pull the engine is when I am going to get the cam. I am also going to put in that 60mm 240sx throttle body after I get the intake shaved for it. Thanks for the replys and alot of useful info, I will keep you guys updated on the progress of the engine and when I get it out because I am sure I will need help. :nervous: Thanks and if anyone can find a better cam that will work for a stock setup please post a link. shane

I'm pretty sure you have to use the starter motor and gear set from a manual. Is your 280 automatic in the first place? If so, you will need a lot of manual parts for the swap, including a clutch slave cylinder, clutch pedal and mounting assermbly, flywheel, clutch, driveshaft (i think), modified transmission tunnel, shift linkage, etc. It's a complicated but rather straight-forward swap.

Dave

Yeah it is an automatic. I have mostly all of that except for the flywheel and the starter. I am not sure which tranny I got from pick and pull but if I have fs57wb tranny it will bolt right up to the driveshaft my pedal assembly has the hole for the clutch pedal bolt and the spring. The firewall already has a hole for the master cylinder too :classic: . Thanks for the help and will have to get the manual starter.