Reaction disk lost in booster - Wheels & Brakes - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Reaction disk lost in booster

Featured Replies

Does anyone know how thick the reaction disk in a 71 240 should be?

I pulled out the push rod and the disk fell down into the power booster. Instead of taking the boster out and fishing around for the disk, I thought I would just replace it. I have some 1" rubber washers that I am using. The washers are about 1/16th each and I am stacking them where the reaction disk goes until I get the proper thickness. The haynes manual drawing does not seem to be to scale.

  • 5 weeks later...

71 240z

I just spent about 2 minutes with my fingers in the booster fishing for the rubber disk. Caught it. Have the booster on a vise drying the paint before I install it. Went down pulled the disk and checked the thickness, on a regular measuring tape it is 3/16 thick. Covers both lines on each end. You should try fishing for it. I have been driving my Z for 5 years now with the disk lost in the booster. Talking about safe driving. Hope this helps.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.