IGNORED

No Turn signals or emergency flasher

75-280Zee

Hello all, Just picked up the car yesterday and am already stumped by what should be a minor problem, neither the flashers or any turn signals work, here's what I know.

1) I've checked the fuse (single fuse for hazard) and it's good as well as

having power to it (which I swear it didn't when I first checked it). It only seams to have power with the ignition on but I would assume that it should be hot always for the flashers?

2) determined there is no power at either the emergency flasher switch or at the TS switch (any of the green wires)

3) I've changed the both 2-prong relays (flasher and signal)

4) I've checked the Emergancy flasher switch to verify it was working properly (checked for correct continuity in both switch positions)

5) Checked the turn siglal switch for good continuity

6) jumpered power from the battery (+) to the center (green) connection on the TS switch and verified that the correct lights come on (dash, front and rear) for left and right switch posistions (solid lights, no blinking).

Update: I've discovered that the wiring diagram for a '74 260 matches my actual wiring. The diagram for the '75 shows wires to the hazard switch that simply aren't there (I only have 5 green wires, no red or blue). Here is a link to a great website for wiring drawings (allas, no '74 drawings)

http://www.atlanticz.ca/zclub/techtips/electrical.htm

Did you check continuity of the fuse with a meter? Sometimes the fuse element will simply disconnect at one of the contact ends but will look like it's still functional. Also, try cleaning the fuse box contacts themselves. They're old and can corrode causing problems like this.