door trims off - car useable? - Interior - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

door trims off - car useable?

Featured Replies

I'm planning to remove my door trims to have them refurbished. Removal will involve undoing the door lever, armrests etc (something I've not done before). Will I be able to leave the car in a driveable state while the trims are away being spruced up? ie, will I still be able to open, close, lock the door and drive the car without the trims?

It'll look pretty "Mad Max" inside, but yes, you will be able to use the door as normal. Might also be a good opportunity to spray some sort of rust prevention goop in the bottoms of the doors too..

Are you refurbishing them, or getting the done somewhere?

  • Author

Err, too late for the rust prevention goop I'm afraid! I wil do that after the body resto has been done...

I'm going to take the trims to a local vinyl/auto trimmer/repair place along with some of the interior plastic peices which have also faded. They are able to mix and match new dye/paint, repair cracks and repaint. As my interior is Tan in colour (and I want to keep it original rather than black), I'll need professional help...

Might be a good time to start the rust treatment-the inside of the door being accessable. You could kill the rust pretty easily, and treat it so it does not grow-even if you aren;t going to have a go at the whole repair.

Will

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.