IGNORED

Bracket for rally clock

TomoHawk

Is there any design information for a bracket to mount a timer for rally driving? where/how would it mount? I could probably think of a few other things that would be nice to have handy- not cupholders.

It's a 280Z.

thx

Do you mean a rally computer/trip meter similar to a Terra Trip?

If so, then the most common way is to find a scrap glove box door use this instead of your original door.

Mount the Terra Trip on the directly on the door.

I manufactured a dismountable fitting that clips over the glove box door, being secured from the demister vents and top of glove box. Neat way of moving a trip meter between cars.

There is a site that describes this, can't exactly remember it, but can find it if your interested?

MOM

Thanks for the link, Mike.

The TerraTrip is nice, but I wanted to go simple at first, by using just a timer or two, and a counter of some kind, or even a program on my pocket PC. That way you learn to pace yourself. The bracket could be there just to hold the Pocket PC with the mapping software while driving anywhere. I like mine up higher than the glovebox lid about even with the bottom of the clock.

IMO, the glovebox door is pretty flimsy. I would think that just about any weight will break it off. That is why I asked about a bracket and a mounting place. The first thing I can think of is to remove the heater vent panel and the control panel, and make a bracket that mounts in place of the control panel. But then I think you'll lose control of the heater, unless you could cut down the heater control panel a little (1/16 inch?) on each end to squeeze in two legs for a mounting bracket. There has to be a way to make use of the bolts inside there.

thx