IGNORED

Zspecialties Alternator?????

ZIII

OK thanks.

one last question. is it just not plugged in, or does it have to be removed from the harness? I'm asking because I wouldn't want to alter my wiring harness in any way. Leaving it unplugged would be OK for me, but not removing it from the harness.

there is a plug adapter available through romaine part # 50-04351

that can be used so you can use your original plug on your harness but you would need to see if z specialties can get you a non one wire alt for it to work .

This is my first time posting on this forum, so be gentle with me. I've been using one of Z Specialties 105 amp alts in my 240 for about 6 months now and it works fine. It's everything that they say it is and more. I don't have a big amp in my z, but I put it in anyway. It was real easy to put in, and he provides some instructions to go along with it that put any questions that I had to rest. When I come up to a stop light my turn signals and wipers don't slow down, and my headlights don't dim. The only thing I had to do was replace the end for the ground wire that hooks onto the back of the alternator, and that came with the new one. I looked into the GM conversion, but that takes special brackets which cost extra. If you guys have any questions about these alts, I'd suggest contacting the owner and speak with him directly. You'll find him every bit as friendly and informative as I have through the years. By the way, he told me that his alternators kick in about 500 rpm and can produce 50 to 60 amps at idle. That's what sold me on them in the first place, that and no modifications to do to my car. JJ

JJ, Thanks for your post and insights. Between you and Aaron (weasel 240Z) you have me convinced to get this alt. You are right about Zspecialties, and particularly about a guy named Oliver. Nice man, informative, not pushy and he walked me through the process. I will order it hopefully by Friday, get it installed and come back here with some photos of the installation as well as some comments.... Once again, thanks.... George