IGNORED

C210 steering box in C110?

As the topic suggests, I'm considering fitting a later model steering box to the 240K. I'm led to believe that the C210 power steering box has a much faster ratio than the standard 4 point something turns lock to lock in the 240K

Has anyone done this, or does anyone have any info about the swap? Will it fit? Is it safe to run without the power steering (I imagine you just plug the fittings)

Cheers.

Peter

Peter,

I have a freind that has done a R30 skyline power steering box conversion. He needed to change the steering column too as the lengths are often different when changing from power from non-power.

Check the size of the steering boxes and where the steering columns attach before your begin.

My mate used the column from an R30 with the R30 box, it all fitted in nicely after a little modification, However, there is a danger. Skylines use "negaitve" switching switches for the lights, indicators and windscreen wiper controls. Whereas C110's use "positive" switches circuits. Now, I might have these around the worng way, but they are completely in reverse to each other. You will need a keen knowledge of electrical/electronics to make the conversion.

In a nut shell, you can make it work, but there is work involved !!!

P/S boxes have good ratios like 2.5 etc but you will have to fit the pump because you'd never turn the wheel!

The 240C had P/S not sure if it fits, but you may need to also look at getting the steering arms as they're sometimes longer than std.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Yeh, I'm familiar with the early Datsun electrics - had all kinds of fun wiring up the lights on my 1600 - it all worked out well in the end though.

I was assuming that the C210 box should be similar to the C110, but want to see them side by side for comparison. I can pick up a C210 one cheap, so might do it just for the exercise.

Heavy steering shouldn't be a problem for me - it will be a track car (with a little street use late at night :cheeky: Then again, I AM getting used to nice power steering in my road cars.