IGNORED

'71 240Z What do you think?

jmark

The dash was still wrapped up in original packaging from the factory , we had to break the tape just to look at it since it had never been opened. Super nice brand new condition dash went home with me.

I also looked at Marks car and it is also super nice, no rust and a true low mileage car. All the original rubber is still in great condition and the motor sounded great. All common rust areas are near perfect with no rust. I even noticed some original items that I will be able to reproduce.

It was great talking and meeting Mark, who is a super nice guy. If I did not already have 3 240's I would have purchased his car.

Steve

Steve,

Great to meet you too. Thanks for the compliments on my '71 240Z. It really is a time capsule. Let me know if you want to use my car to help reproduce some parts.

I plan to get some good current pics of the car this weekend and I'll put them up soon. There have been some good prices paid lately for solid 240Z's. I think this car easily falls into that category. The car has brand new tires on mint 15 x 7 Panasport rims and battery with new cable. I have added the ITG air cleaners with air horns, Nismo front strut brace and had the fuel tank sending unit replaced so the gas guage works now. The clock works but loses time over a long period. I found new front bumper trim pieces still in the Nissan wrapping for the bumper and bumper overriders. The rear bumper rubber was replaced by the previous owner. The radiator drips a few drops of coolant after the car is turned off. It needs recoring or replacing. The car still runs cool. That is the only thing mechanically the car needs as far as I know. Body wise the fenders have some small dings where people have leaned on them etc but little if any rust to be found as Steve mentioned above. The original dash has one crack in it. I have replaced the shift knob with a new wooden OEM one. The car has original 240Z rubber mats installed. The car has a working 8 track tape player/radio in it. The glass is all original and has Steve told me it is in great shape and another reason he feels the cars mileage is correct at 37469.

All the suspension work was done by the previous owner and includes new shocks & Eibach springs. The car has a nice stance and is slightly lowered.

Price is $11950 firm. I have the replacement 6 piece blue plastic trim panels from Les at Classic Datsun NIB. I will sell them separately for $450 plus actual shipping. I have the original warranty card and most of the maintenance info from the second and third owners. I am the fourth owner. I have several thousand dollars worth of receipts the previous owner spent on the car getting it back on the road.

Edited by jmark

The pictures do not do this car justice, for example the tail lights still look brand new as does all the glass and bumpers. Even the little things like the rubber grommets are is still in great condition for 40+years. I looked at the floorboards, rear hatch area, battery tray area, doglegs, frame rails and all are clean. I looked this car over and it very nice. IMO it only has 37,469 miles.

Steve

The pictures do not do this car justice, for example the tail lights still look brand new as does all the glass and bumpers. Even the little things like the rubber grommets are is still in great condition for 40+years. I looked at the floorboards, rear hatch area, battery tray area, doglegs, frame rails and all are clean. I looked this car over and it very nice. IMO it only has 37,469 miles.

Steve

Thanks Steve. More pics added today.

• 2 weeks later...