IGNORED

sorry to dredge this up again---weird brakes!

xray

I have printed out your posts for my records. I am not quite ready to do the brakes. I just rebuilt the 5-speed and the engine block is finally done at the engine shop. I will pick it up today. Once I get the engine dialed in and installed, I will start on the brakes. Your info is invaluable. Where were we 25 years ago? We were finding this info out all by ourselves. How things have changed!

• 3 weeks later...

How tight IS the brake pedal now that you've fixed the problem? My brake pedal has some travel and its hard to lock up my wheels, but it's not horrible. Could it be that my drum brakes need to be adjusted, or is it possible that I have the same problem? (a couple years ago I had a new M/C put in, so I dunno if they lost the reaction disk, but my braking isn't that bad, just some pedal travel.)