IGNORED

C110 Seat rails

khughes

Hi Guys,

In the near future i am getting some seat mounting brackets made up to fit the 240k coupe (i assume that the sedan is the same mounts?).

These will be to fit recaro rails, but i am sure it wouldn't be hard to mount other seat rails..

Anyways, since i am getting a pair made, is there anyone else who wants a set made up, shouldn't be too hard to organise, and then we can halve the cost.

I am in Sydney, and will be using a mates family business, not sure on cost of them yet, as i need to get the rails and the stock C110 seats down to them to look at first.

Anyway, if anyone is interested let me know soon

• 3 weeks later...

I have just posted photo's, which may be of interest, in the fabrication and installation of Recaro seats in a 1972 240Z (SilverBullet). Minimum modification to the original floor mounts and allows either a stock or Recaro seat to be dropped in place with the removal of four nuts and washers. Please see my photo gallery for the photo's.

Hi Mikey,

they are looking at them now, they usually deal with bending sheet metal etc.. so they were talking about bending up a plate to match the contour of the floor (bolting to the mounts, which then had the tabs welded on to attach to the recaro rails.

the metal is going to be atleast 3mm thick, it would cost an absolute bomb to ship to the US i am afraid..

Probably better to find a metal fabricator in the US to custom make them?

I will take some pics when i get them back (they are doing a 1mm version first to get the right angles etc..)