IGNORED

Cleaning the roof (interior)

Alfadog

Hello!

I have noticed that the roof of my interior is pretty dusty especially around the edges, and really could do with a good clean. Apart from taking the whole thing out to clean, is there any particular method you'd use so that you get a decent enough force while not stretching the material.

I know, sounds simple enough just to use water and a cloth, but I thought there could be a trick to it . . . :cross-eye

Hey Lachlan,

I have found the best approach is with "Nifti". Spray it on and let it soak for 5 to 10 minutes. Do it in the shade too. If you need to scrub a little, use a light brush or even a tooth brush. Then wipe off with a wet cloth, making sure to rinse it regularly.

I'd be very careful about scrubbing that 30+ year old headliner. It is for that very reason that I no longer have the original one in my 810 and am still in search of an upolstery shop that has a similar material and the skills to properly install it!