Car dies! - Page 2 - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Car dies!

Featured Replies

  • Author

Well,

Here is an update on my car! I finally get it running last night. It wound up being the electronic ignition module or the wiring going to it. I had tried several things including but not limited to

1) checking fuel pressure

2) replacing the ignition coil

3) installing MSD 6AL

4) replaced the electrical portion of the keyswitch

5) checking all the wiring and such

Wound up replacing the distributor with a rebuild one from Orielly's Auto Parts and seems to work great!

Once again, I just wanted to publicly thank everyone for their input! :cheeky:

Sincerely,

Jon

It wound up being the electronic ignition module or the wiring going to it.

That is what I was going to suggest, but I guess i'm too late :) Glad you got it working.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.