L.e.d. Christmas Trees? - Page 2 - Racing - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

L.e.d. Christmas Trees?

Featured Replies

Brake to gas? Don't most drag racers use some type of line-lock device? I would think that if you have to do the brake to gas thing you'd be watching taillights in the opposing lane!

  • Author

Steven, You're assuming all people who go to the drag strip are so serious about winning that they use a lineloc. From my knowledge, most people don't. They go for fun, and part of the fun is doing it all yourself. I'm talking about bracket racing here, and even if the other guy has stuff like a lineloc, it's all accounted ofor in your dial-in number. You must be referring to all-out heads-up drag racing.

Don't forget about the delay box. Some people use those too.

thx

Don't know much about it really. My brother was always the drag racer and I was always more of a road course kind of guy.

  • Author

Why are the raceways always so far from your house? seems like it.

NOT the highways. :mad:

I don't know. I live 12 miles from Fairplex (NHRA) & I live three miles from California Speedway. Even when I'm done moving to San Bernardino, I'll still only be about ten miles from it.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

I'm I'm "only" 75 miles from Mid-ohio racecourse, 50 miles from Dragway 42, 60 miles from Thompson Raceway Park and 40 miles from Norwalk dragway :(

I think I'll go to the LeMans (May 20-22) and Vintage Grand Prix (June 24-26) at Mid-Ohio, but which car should I drive there?

thx

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.