Plastic cover on AFM - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Plastic cover on AFM

Featured Replies

I'm servicing my AFM, and the plastic cover on the side is held on with gobs of RTV silicone and a giant ziptie. What is the original way the cover is attached?

thx

Well,I've seen about 20 AFMs and half of them had clear RTV that looked like it was done at the factory. Nice and and clean with no globs or evidence that excess was wiped off. The other half were obviously resealed with everything from copper RTV to white bathtub caulk.

Based on this, I think the clear RTV is the way to go, something like Permatex Clear RTV Silicone.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.