IGNORED

240K auto to manual conversion

Cuong Nguyen

Hi All,

currently converting a 4dr 240K GL (1976) from auto to manual using a 240Z 5 spd gearbox.

My question ... is a 240K coupe auto driveshaft the same length as a 4dr 5 spd manual driveshaft?

Been hunting around for a 4dr manual one that will be what I need but cant locate one, the only one that I know of is a 2dr auto driveshaft so I would like to know it that would fit...

Thanks in advance,

Cuong

Hi Coung,

I didn't know you had a 240K! Can you post pictures for us please!

As for your question, I don't know but I do know the hardtop and sedan have the same wheelbase! HKS has already answered the question anyway so it's alright. Anyway, HKSZ, how come you know so much about 240K's? Hmm?? :P

thanks for the prompt reply guys.

the problem is that the previous owner kept the 240k 5 spd and its tailshaft to fit into his 1600 (not sure why he kept the tailshaft as the 240K is a two piece one and I am pretty sure the 1600 are a one piece shaft) and gave me the 4 spd from the 1600 and no tailshaft!

it used to be a auto 4 dr 240k but has been converted to manual. I am now putting one of my 240Z 5 spd gearboxes behind the L24.

i might just have to take some measurements and see if the 2dr are the same part, will let you all know what i find out.

thanks,

Cuong

hi James,

thanks for the information. i ended up buying a stuffed 240k 2 dr auto tailshaft as well as a 1978 C210 skyline one.

the k one was damaged in the front section (the rubber bit) so i had to mix and match the two (the C210 rear half is sligthly longer than the K one)

now its all in the car, so the problem is solved :)

Cuong

PS is the rubber part in the middle section replaceable or not?

• 2 weeks later...