IGNORED

3/17/05 Nissan Day @ WSIR

Chino 240Z

For those who take their Zs to the track in California, March 17th is a Nissan/Datsun day put on by the SERCA Club if you are interested. $140 for the day with a lunch is a good price. You won't be wiping that smile off your face for days after! We will be there for an Opentrackracing event the day before and then the SERCA event on the 17th. Let us know if you have questions or email Carlos.

Thanks Craig & Cindy

Here is the message from Carlos:

Hello fellow Datsun/Nissan track nuts!

Online registration for Big Willow on St. Patty's Day is now up at:

http://www.gfos.net/serca/2005/bigwillow/reg.php

Please note that we CAN accept "very 1st timers" at this event,

There will be some additional help on and around the track for those who need it. 1st timers are welcome too! Feel free to forward this information to other "hot-lappers" and direct questions to me at my club email below.

Thanks for your support of the SE-R Club of America (SERCA)!

Sincerely,

Carlos Gutierrez

SERCA Southwest Region Exec.

southwest@serca.org

• 2 weeks later...

Just passing on a note that 1st timers are welcome to this track event if you have a Datsun/Nissan and want to take it to WSIR and feel your seat pucker in some of the turns! I changed my last note to include 1st time track people. Anyways, here is an updated message. See ya there if you make it- Craig & Cindy

---------------------------------

Hey all,

As I already told Mike Kojima at Nissan, we're may be in trouble if we don't get

some interest going for the 3/17 event. As in a possible cancellation &

since this is our 1st time renting Big W., that wouldn't bode well for

being welcomed back on that track.

So if you could please let everyone know on the various

lists/BB's/forums/etc. that we will welcome 1st timers, & we'll provide

some extra instruction throughout the day to make them as comfortable as

possible.

This will be a hell of an event if we can pull it off! Once again, the

online reg. is at:

http://www.gfos.net/serca/2005/bigwillow/reg.php

Thanks in advance to everyone for your help promoting this!

CAG

HI Marty, How's it going!

I know what you mean, if you we closer I'd drag you over!

The thing here is you don't need a race car if you just want to bring a Z out and enjoy the track feel at speed. 1st timer drivers, or those not into pedal to the metal can run at speeds comfortable to them.

I sure you've been to these type of fun events.

Not exactly sure the amount of track time. But it will most likely be like the OTR events that we often attend. They arrange into 3 groups of experience and each group has 30 minute sessions each one after another. They break for lunch and then the track goes hot again. We get in about 5 sessions each. Cindy signs into one group and I into another. Our car gets double duty and so do we if we each ride as passenger with the other. So if we count all that time we each are at speed on the track, it's for 5 hours. Talk about tired at the end of the day! I often sit a session out and relax. Sometimes by the end of the day alot of drivers leave and they let anyone go out and have at it the last hour.

If we plan things right we are going to try and do 2 days in a row. Currently we're adding a few more mods to the car now and getting things together.

Crossin fingers all goes well. Talk to ya later, Craig.

Craig,

I am doing fine, except for the long winter Z driving withdrawals. Back here we have to make do with buying parts and doing little projects to the car over the winter. This year's project is to update the suspension on the track car. It's getting all new Suspension Energy PU bushings, MSA lowering springs, new ball joints/tie rod ends and Illumina's. Plus, everything will get a couple of coats of POR-15. Well, come to think of it, it's more than a "little project"!!

5 hours of track time ...Woweee!!! That is a real bargain for $140!!! I am sure that will be great. You make me green with envy.

Last time I was on the track was in October, with the Speed Seekers. It was 5 - 20 minute sessions at Road America for $175 a day. Check it out here: http://www.speedseekers.com/ That truly was a blast!!! I was looking for other events today to get back to RA. Unfortunately, it looks like Speed Seekers April event will be cancelled due to an internal squabble.

Well enjoy the track time. Sounds like you will need to rest up before and after that event.

Later,

Marty