Vacuum advance - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Vacuum advance

Featured Replies

Hello ya all, I am having a problem with my 280z, it idles rough and I checked the vacuum advance unit and it isnt holding air, it looks to be the original unit. Does anyone know where to get one online. Is there anything else I should check, I wish I could send a link to let you guys know what it sounds like but I dont know how to do that, I's an idiot to the web :stupid:, but is there anything else I should check, I havent changed the fuel filter for about 2 years could this be a problem too. Any ideas would be a great help

  • Author

In taking the distributor aprt I found a ball the size of a BB inside there is that suppose to be there and it was also loose

If the Vac advance "isn't holding air" it's probable that the diaphram has a leak. The BB most likely came from the "cage" Tomohawk referred to. These are 2 separate parts. Maybe you can find a used distributor, cheaper than buying the parts?

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.