Front disc brake squeal - Wheels & Brakes - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Front disc brake squeal

Featured Replies

I installed new rotors and new pads on my 240z and I have a lot of brake squeal. Is there a way I can fix the problem? I used the Permatex product.

Thanks

Richard

Did you replace the anti-squeal shims and other hardware (installation pins and clips)? That is usually where the squeal comes from.

Where did the rotors come from? I once bought a pair from one of the local auto parts stores and no matter what I did they squealed. I ultimately replaced them with a pair of OEM rotors and the problem was solved.

  • Author

I didn't replaced the pins and clips. I will give it a try>

Thanks

Nissan-brand OEM hardware, worked best to stop my squeal

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
I didn't replaced the pins and clips. I will give it a try>

Thanks

The kit with shims didn't have pins and clips?

Oh, put a bit of silicone brake grease on the wear area's of the new hardware also.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.